MTC Week 1 - Cupid Shuffle

well I like to start by thanking everyone who has prayed for me this week because it has truly helped me in so many ways. Well lets start off with a story. Last Monday during sports time one of the African Elders came up to me and asked if I wanted to race him. I looked at him puzzled because I knew right away that I could beat him in a race so I said sure and as we walked to the starting line he said if he wins that I had to learn a African dance and if I win that I had to teach him a American dance.... kind of one sided because I really didn't want to dance at all but I said sure. finally we got to the line and  out of no where several other guys came up and asked if they could race as well I no longer thought I could win so easily. Well we all lined up and got the signal and we all bolted forward and I stated in the lead and was surprised as I came around the first corner that I
​ was still in the lead and ended up winning and what better dance to teach the cupid shuffle. it was so funny to watch them try and follow me in dancing.

Anyway the lessons here are amazing I just wish they had AC in every room the only rooms they have AC in are the class rooms and the kitchen. this has made sleeping a little difficult. Most nights I sleep only in my garments sprawled out on my mattress with my fan on my face. (the fan most likely the best thing I brought over here) my companion on the other hand Elder Adinkra  doesn't even sweat a drop at night. Luckily the food is very good here. they slowly adjust it to Ghana food so we shall see if I feel the same way in about a week. 

Well I tell you what it is truly amazing how much I didn't know. I thought I knew a lot about the gospel but just being here really humbles you. There is just so much knowledge of the gospel here. the teachers are truly amazing and I have never felt the spirt so strong as here anywhere except the temple.

 I wish I had more time to write to you guys but we went to the temple today and went over time so here are a couple of pictures for you guys. love you guys and please keep praying for me and writing/emailing me because it really helps.

love,
Elder Barnum









Comments

Post a Comment