One Year Down, One To Go!

March 19th, 2018

One Year Older & One Year to Go!

I just want to thank everyone that emailed and has been encouraging me. I really appreciate all the support and love that you all have given me.
This is going to have to be short because the power went out and now i only have small time before I got to go.
This morning I was awakened to a bucket of water to the face as my B-day present from my companion. After that we got Kfc at the mall which is amazing after not having fast food for a year. After that we got a couple of Doughnuts to celebrate tonight. Overall looking like it will be a great day.
Also some big news is our branch has become a ward so we are thrilled about that. We also have a lot of work to do know to get this ward up and running. Also new companion. Hi name is Elder Brown he is from Ghana and is helping me a lot since he speaks Twi.

 Well thanks again for the support and here is my spiritual thought for the week. D and C 4
Love,
Elder Barnum


March 26th, 2018

So let me answer the questions first. So the ward is going to have to be running at 100% because if the ward does not do good on paying tithing or attendance we can be demoted back to a branch. So we all need to pull our own weight and some for this to all work well. For differences there are not any that I see yet but I will let you know. Now Elder Brown has only been out for about 5 months so not to long but he is doing great.

Now for my week. so Crazy story it rained.... Like hard..... like move to high ground because of flooding hard. We went to a member to have a meal and we got stuck there by the rain. Then it kept going and we were facing about a foot of water. We ended up finding a way out when the rain stopped and we found a child who was sitting on a pile of rocks. We asked if he was alright and he said yes but that he was scared so we decided to walk with him home. Just then another wave hit and we all know how the songs go "The rains came down and the floods came up" the kid was really scared so we told him that we could pray and that nothing bad would happen. So we did and the rain eventually stopped.  We all got home safe. It was quite a thing to see. 

Love,
 Elder Barnum


April 2nd, 2018

That burger looks amazing! I would kill for something like that, I am drooling just thinking about it. So conference we watched all Saturday session and priesthood session. I well be getting the other talks tho soon so no worries I will not lose any info.
As for this week, we did have a Baptism. It was a referral we gave to the sisters and he was ready to be baptized this last Saturday, so that was cool. His name is Gideon and he is super powerful. I was able to baptize him so I was stoked.  Besides that not much but I am doing great. Also I am happy to know you guys are great also.

Love, 
Elder Barnum















April 16th, 2018

So that white stuff in the picture is called cassava. It is used in many Ghanaian dishes. Also, Michel is home? Wow that is crazy! As for me with Investigators you can pray for a few. There is one named Chris, he has had some difficulties that I cant say but could use the help. Also Br. Izek he is so close he just needs to come to church and fulfill his promises. 
As for this week nothing to crazy. There was some wahala (drama) in my District but I was able to solve it so that all is calm... for now. I did burn a shirt marking my one year! yes it is a little late but better late then never. 

Love, 
Elder Barnum

April 23rd, 2018

So first, wahala is when some one is causing problems or just something bad in general. Also Chris came to church and is doing really well! I honestly think he could get baptized in two weeks or so. So i am happy about that but sadly we are at the end of the transfer so i will not be able to see it because i am going to Tamale. I am going to Tamale to be Zone Leader! President was saying that he thinks that I was going to be a great leader but I didn't think He meant it. I thought I was still a Greene but then I realized that I was already past my year mark. I just hope I will do well. Plus Tamale is hot (pretty much on the equator) but everyone says that I will get used to it by the time I will leave. Anyway I now that I am being sent there for a reason so I will let you all know how it goes next week.

Love,
Elder Barnum

April 30th, 2018

Wow That is crazy how you are able to do that. I bet you feel so blessed to do that. I am so happy that you are all right I have been praying for you a lot and am very re leaved that you are good and resting. 

As for me I am in Tamale and am enjoying my new companion Elder Forest. We have been getting along so well and I have been loving Tamale. The people here are super nice the only thing is that some of them ...most of them are Muslim. But no fear we are safe and are being the best leaders we can be. Actually, we are expecting a Baptism next SATURDAY. so please pray for us. Her name is Sister P. That is just what we call her I do not actually know her name but she is amazing.  As for my area it is HOT!.... but I am still using my hat so I am not to burned. Ok well that is me for this week I will be sure to share a spiritual moment from MLT (mission leadership training) next week.

Love,
Elder Barnum


May 7th, 2018

So this week has been amazing for me. We had our Mission leadership counsel this week which meant we had to go back down to Kumasi (that is a 8 hour bus ride) but we were able to learn so much.  One thing is that If you want to see succeed in missionary work we need to be willing to be exactly obedient. Many times we ask for things from God and do not realize that were are not trying to our full potential.  To do our best. we need to pray sometimes to be the Miracle not to just see the miracle. I am not sure if that make sense to all of you but to me It really helped me. Also, we watched a video by Jeffery R. Holland and it was an amazing time. 

Finally for this email we had a Baptism! Sister Precious got baptized and is giving us referrals and helping us teach. She is an amazing Member and is really helping the work progress here in Tamale.

Sincerely,
Elder Barnum

-us freezing in the AC (it was 75)


-the baptism for Precious
 

-getting ready to go to Kumasi










Comments