What Is Holding You Back From Serving Christ?

September 4th, 2017

Part 1

Wow very exciting week. Haha... so I had a very small week. Sadly me and my companion had a very rough start to this week and it really showed in our numbers but at the end of the week we were able to come to the same level and really understand each other. So all is good now and we are doing so much better.
Also I a currently reading in Enos and am really happy to have prayer in my life I have already seen so many miraculous things happen because of prayer. From just feeling more calm to someone coming up to me and saying exactly what I needed to here at that moment.
I love you guys so much and am really missing you but every morning I now tell myself how grateful I am for my family and that if I could give up 2 years of my life to help others know that they can have a family that could live forever that I would gladly go and give those years up.
Love,
Elder Barnum


Part 2

Dear Everyone, 
This week was somehow productive. We got to more baptismal dates coming up and we got about 4 or 5 more we are trying to set. So the work is going pretty good. We had ward council yesterday, and I have been in our branch for about 2 or 3 weeks now but or branch president gave the statistics for the attendance and I was shocked. So for the first week we had 50 people attend, the next week around 60, then we peaked at 85, now we are kind of plateauing at 75. So there is definitely progress. We just need to start doing the work to get this branch to a ward.

I am hoping that I end up training, because people who are fresh just want to get out and work, and right now we have people to see early but my companion is struggling to get out. I guess we will see what happens. This week I have been racing one of my recent converts on the book of Mormon. I got to second Nephi and then this last Sunday I read all the way to Mosiah, so I have been doing a lot of reading this week. Anyways I will try to send some pictures later, but that's about how things are right now. I hope everything is going well back home. I guess my spiritual thought for this week is what is holding you back from serving Christ? I have been asking myself that question all week. 

Sincerely, 
Elder Barnum


August 29th, 2017

So the new area is great! It is really big and we have bikes but my companion does not know how to ride and he does not want to learn so back to hiking. The Apartment is really cool we are with the Zone Leaders so we all talk at night and enjoy each other company. The place where we teach is called Berlin Top or Fiapre. it is a really hilly area but I really enjoy it. I am really looking forward to this week because we have several investigators that are thinking about being baptized so hopefully with a little help from the Lord all will go well.

Love, 
Elder Barnum



August 21st, 2017

So I made it to Sunyani safe and sound but the bus ride here took 4 hours! I was so happy to get off and go to sleep that night. We got there around 9:30 PM so I was wiped. As for my new companion he is doing good. He is very quiet and does not like talking much but we are getting along fine. President Crosgrave told me that I need to help my companion grow...so hopefully all goes well.
Sadly I do not have much to report this week and I forgot my camera cord so I can't send pictures but I well send lots next week. Thank you all for continuing to support me even if I have been dropping the ball a little with emailing. I well do better from now on. But that is something I have been learning a lot about  - doing and trying. Many times we say we will try better but do not put much effort into actually trying. Doing on the other hand is a promise that we have made letting people know, yes i will do it. So I well continue to do things to become a better missionary.
Love,
Elder Barnum

Comments