Bringing Souls to Christ

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing

Oct. 2nd, 2017

So still training and I am truly loving my new companion. He is from Wyoming and his name is Elder Dennis (in the red tie). He and I are getting along so well and that makes the days go by so quick. Also we are now really able to go out and see way more people since I am now able to stick with the schedule. But overall still having a great time and there will hopefully be a baptism this Sunday.

Now for the spiritual thought this week. I learned that I am here to bring souls to Christ. That is everyone. I realized that this was the best place God could have me be at that time. God put me in the path of who was prepared and I was able to testify of the atonement. I have realized We need to get out of our minds that missionary work is simply inviting nonmembers to get baptized or read the Book of Mormon or take the lessons. No. It's helping  bring God's children closer to Christ.
so always listen to the Spirit and I promise the Spirit will be more present in your life. Pray for missionary opportunities and you will receive them. I love you all stay safe and be amazing.

Love,
 Elder Barnum





Oct. 9th, 2017

Hello everyone!


So let see... fun story we where hiking out in the middle of nowhere one day and I do mean in the middle of nowhere and we stumbled on this little hut and this girl came out. She seemed very shocked to see two white men out in the forest so she tried speaking to us in German, then French, then Spanish. Finally she got to English and we were like "yup that is the one." It was crazy how educated she was. We talked to her for awhile and gave her the first lesson (which is the Restoration). When she stopped us and said "I know that you are doing Gods will. But... The only way I can know this is true is if I read the Book you  gave me."  My companion and I looked at each other and looked back at her and where like..."Yes! you are completely right. Will you read it to know if is true?" she said yes and that we could come back any time to check up on her.

As I was leaving I thought about what she said and I realized there is truly no other way to know if the church is true. We need to read the Book Of Mormon to gain a testimony for ourselves to know if the church is true. It does not matter how many times we hear about it, our how many times we see people say it is true. (Though those are great reminders and testifiers that the church is true.) We need to just read it to know for ourselves and to have the sure witness within us.

I hope you all get something out of this. I am not the best writer our speller... but I try. I love you all stay safe. Talk to you next week.
Sincerely, 
Elder Barnum


New Haircut!

Comments