Sunyani Branch Party

Jan. 22nd, 2018

Elder Dennis, Elder Barnum & Elder Austin

It has been another amazing week here In Ghana and I have really enjoyed Sunyani but it seems I will be moving. Not really sure where but President Cosgrave told me it seems like I have been here since Noah's time so I think that means I will be leaving. I will be sure to let you all know where I am going tho next week. I can tell you I am both excited and sad to leave Sunyani. I have truly grown to love the people here and have grown very fond of them and do not want to leave them because I consider them family. The good thing is that I will be put into a new area which will change things up and speed time up. Or so I think.

Speaking of time it has been 10 Months since I have tasted a California Burrito. It is really sad to think about. HAha

So fun story this last week our Branch had a Branch party to which we invited everyone and man do Ghanaian know how to party. First they got a DJ to play all the latest Ghanaian hits and they were bumping. It was a sight to see. We got put on serving duty and we where there most of the night. Eventually I got up to get some food and got some Sobilo spilled on my shirt (all that was in her cup). When I looked up to see who it was, I realized it was the shopkeeper just down the way who we had invited. I instantly got super happy to see her but was confused because She looked like she was about to die. Then I realized I had sobilo all over my shirt. I was able to comfort her and tell her that it was ok and that my shirt was replaceable. Finally I got her to sit down and eat, then I told her if she wants to make me feel better she would hear what I had to say. Long story short I was able to teach her lesson 1 and tell her to come to church. Sadly no show to church but we will be seeing her this week. Also her name is Mommy because I can not type her name or say it so I have no idea how to spell it. So we just call her Mommy which is normal to call and older woman here.

Anyway I was able to receive some mail this week (from the primary children in the ward) and I would like to thank all of those that have sent mail my way it really helps. Thank you so much. I love all you and appreciate all the prayers.

Sincerely,
 Elder Barnum 


Elder Barnum & Elder Austin reenacting Lord of the Rings

Comments