The Lord is ready to help or waiting for you to come back...

March 12th, 2018

So, I want to start this email talking about something that has been on my mind for awhile. That is how can I become a better missionary, person, and example? Through my studies and daily discussions in my own head while hiking to find investigators this is what I have come up with. I realized when we make mistakes most times we look back and have regret and feel ashamed. We need to understand that we are made wise - not by remembering our past but by taking responsibility for our future. As a missionary, I have had many days were I have gotten back to our humble abode and felt like trash physically, mentally, even spiritually and the only thing that has truly gotten me through it has been realizing that maybe God is trying to teach me something but it is not that  I need to look back and quit. It is that i need to learn from my mistakes and take control and move forward. That is my little insight for the week.


Also just to catch you all up to speed I am getting a new companion. His name is elder Brown. He is from Ghana which will help our area since most people speak Twi. Also my son Elder Dennis is training so that means he has a son and I am a grandfather! Also my b-day is next week so ya I am going to have to do something special for myself.

Anyway Yal Abronies and Bibines are great.  
Love,
Elder Barnum 

Elder Pacheco & Elder Barnum

March 5th, 2018

Well today is going to be a very quick letter because we are very busy today but what I have been studying is Mosiah. I just finished and always find it interesting about the people's change of heart from when King Noah is present to when Alma leaves and then countering. It just reminds me that there will be consequences to every action but the difference is that the Lord is either with us ready to help or is waiting for you to come back so he can help. Either way he is there with his arms wide open ready to help it is us that have to decide to use the Atonement and ask for the help.

Well that's the little insight I got for you today. Stay great!
Love,
Austin Barnum







Feb. 26th, 2018

...As for me we where able to baptize two Sisters this week. They were the Sisters investigators but I have grown fond of them. Especially after the Interviews, they are just so funny and I really admire them because they do not have any family support but they say the Branch is their family now. there names are Darby and Lordie. I just hope all goes well with them when I leave.

Love, 
Elder Barnum


us on P-Day at the lake.
lordie and Darby



Feb. 12, 2018

I guess I might beat you in reading for once (Jesus the Christ). I remember I gave you a book one time and you read it in like 3 days and it took me like weeks.
Anyway things are going well Elder Pacheco and I have hopefully as baptism this week. His name is Chris I do not know him much but Pacheco knows him and says he should be ready. I also have to do several interviews for investigators since I am the District Leader. This will be my first time so..... yikes i hope I do alright. 
Can you have the kids email me next week so I can see how they are doing? thanks
Love,
Elder Barnum 

my companion grabbing some oranges 


Jan. 29th, 2018

So here are a couple of things to start. First Elder Pacheco from Arizona is my new companion. Second my new area is Atonsu and I am becoming the District Leader there! I also have to travel about 4 Hours to get there. It is near Kumasi one of the major city's in Ghana. There will be one other companionship at our apartment and Elder Christian from my last apartment is there also. So that is what is new for me. 

Sadly no stories accept that I have learned that Miracles are just things that we do not always understand. Look into Jesus the Christ book near pg.153? something around there talks about Miracles it is really a good read and I know you like reading so here is my challenge read the entire book before me starting Tomorrow. Ok I love you guys. Good to see you guys smiling having fun. I need a pic of you mom.

Love,
Elder Austin









Comments