Two Apostles Visit Kumasi & Sidewalk Preaching


May 21st, 2018

 As for me and my companion, Satan has been taking a toll on us.  We had a rough week with Investigators somehow slipping through our fingers but we think it is because we are about to have apostles come to town. Our President has warned us about this happening but we did not think it would happen. Now we are just buckling up and doing our best to help all our Zone members and also our investigators.  We know it will be tough but we are ready now. 
On a good note we had one of our converts sister Precious get a calling as First Counselor in Young Women's. Elder Forrest and I are very happy to see her progressing so fast. We know that she will be a great help to the branch. Also this week on Saturday we are going to be in Kumasi waiting to hear from Elder Neal A. Anderson and a few other Apostles so we are very pumped for that I will have to let you know what they talk about next week.
I think that is it for me this week.

Love, 
Elder Barnum




May 28th, 2018

To start getting to this past weekend has been difficult from travel and meeting changes to our mission saying they cant sent travel funds because our mission President was out of town.... but it all worked out. We ended up receiving so much ,nowledge and revelation from Elders Nelson and Soares. I was able to learn so much from them as they taught with the power of the Holy Ghost. I wish you all could have been there to see and feel the impressions that i felt.

I will only share a few things that I learned from the apostles. First what is good and what is essential? This one is from Bishop Waddel from the Presiding Bishopric. He taught about how we get caught up sometimes doing good things that we forget to do the essential things in life. He then explained that when this happens Satan wins.  We need to remember where the end goal is and what we must do to achieve that goal. Second was From Elder Anderson. He told us how Actions speak louder then words for missionaries. He then changed into parenting and began to encourage us about how when we finish our missions that we would eventually have children and for them to follow in the ways of Christ we would need to set the example. Not just say what to do but truly live the
way we teach. 

So this is my little insight of my week I hope you are able to gain something as I did from it. I love each and every one of you.

Sincerely,
Elder Barnum


June 4th, 2018

So my week was good. We were able to teach many people and also did some sidewalk preaching. That includes shouting on the side of the road about the truth of the Book of Mormon, God, Joseph Smith, and other fun questions.  It is actually very active in our area and we got a couple investigators from it. One of them (Brandon) Is very interested in the Gospel and knows a lot about the Savior so he has a firm foundation to build of. Sadly I will be in Kumasi most of this week for meetings as a Zone Leader and  transfers but we will see him next week for sure.

So that is my week
Love,
Elder Barnum








Comments